Space for Everyone: Belfast
Belfast is the next stop on the UK Space Agency's Space for Everyone Tour! We’re landing in Writers Square.
Join us to discover the important role of space in our everyday lives and dive into the vast array of space-related jobs in the UK space industry. The best part is the tour is completely free and there’s no need to book in advance.
Simply turn up within the opening hours and immerse yourself in the endless possibilities of space!
Here’s how you can get to the tour by foot, rail, and car:
- Follow the signs towards the city center, as Writers Square is located in the heart of Belfast.
- Walk along the main streets and follow the directions to Donegall Street. Continue along Donegall Street until you reach Writers Square, which will be on your left-hand side.
- Check the local train schedule and find a train that will take you to Belfast Central Station.
- Arrive at Belfast Central Station and exit the station building.
- From the station, head northwest on East Bridge Street towards the city center.
- Continue walking until you reach Donegall Street.
- Turn left onto Donegall Street and continue until you reach Writers Square, which will be on your left.
For those traveling by car, follow these directions to reach the Writers Square:
Enter your current location into a reliable GPS or navigation system. Set your destination as Writers Square, Belfast. Follow the suggested route.
- As you approach the city center, look for nearby car parks. One of the nearest options is the NCP Car Park in Montgomery Street (postcode: BT1 4NX).
- Park your car in the designated car park, ensuring you comply with any parking regulations.
- Exit the car park and head towards Writers Square, which will be a short walk away.
Please note that specific directions may vary depending on your starting point, and it’s always advisable to check for any road closures or traffic updates before setting off on your journey.
As you explore the tour, you will have the opportunity to engage in various hands-on activities. The tour aims to inspire curiosity and educate visitors about the wide range of opportunities available in space, from engineers and coders to space doctors, artists, and more.
Enjoy your visit to Space for Everyone: Belfast!