Space for Everyone: Hull
Hull is the next stop on the UK Space Agency's Space for Everyone Tour! We’re landing in Queen Victoria Square.
Join us to discover the important role of space in our everyday lives and dive into the vast array of space-related jobs in the UK space industry. The best part is the tour is completely free and there’s no need to book in advance.
Simply turn up within the opening hours and immerse yourself in the endless possibilities of space!
Here’s how you can get to the tour by foot, rail, and car:
Queen Victoria Square is easily accessible by foot from various locations in the city center. If you’re nearby, simply head towards the city center and look for the distinctive square with the prominent statue of Queen Victoria. It is well signposted, and you’ll likely find directions on maps and sign boards throughout the city.
If you’re arriving by train, the nearest railway station to Queen Victoria Square is Hull Paragon Interchange.
- Upon arriving at Hull Paragon Interchange, head towards the main exit. You’ll find signs indicating the way to the city center.
- Turn Right: Once you’re outside the station, turn right and walk towards Ferensway. You should pass the Hull Truck Theatre on your right-hand side.
- Continue on Ferensway: Follow Ferensway as it leads you through the city center. Enjoy the bustling atmosphere and the variety of shops and landmarks along the way.
- Turn Left on Carr Lane: After walking for a few minutes, you’ll reach a junction where you need to turn left onto Carr Lane. Look for signs directing you towards Queen Victoria Square.
- Follow Carr Lane: Walk along Carr Lane, which is a pedestrianized street lined with shops and cafes.
- Cross Jameson Street: After a short walk, you’ll reach a crossing at Jameson Street. Safely cross the road and continue straight ahead.
- Reach Queen Victoria Square: Keep walking along Carr Lane, and you’ll eventually arrive at Queen Victoria Square. You’ll know you’ve reached the square when you see the magnificent statue of Queen Victoria at its center.
If you’re traveling by car, there are several car parks available in the vicinity of Queen Victoria Square. The nearest car par is Osborne Street Multi Storey Car Park, Hull HU1 2NL, which is conveniently located within walking distance of the square.
Please note that specific directions may vary depending on your starting point, and it’s always advisable to check for any road closures or traffic updates before setting off on your journey.
As you explore the tour, you will have the opportunity to engage in various hands-on activities. The tour aims to inspire curiosity and educate visitors about the wide range of opportunities available in space, from engineers and coders to space doctors, artists, and more.
Enjoy your visit to Space for Everyone: Hull!